STUDENT ARTIFACTS - CLICK HERE
Computer Technology Class is part of the related arts program. The main purpose of the course is to equip students with basic and advanced computer skills. This program also ensures that all students are educated upon 21st century skills, internet safety and digital citizenship
Students in grade 6, 7 and 8 learn by creating projects using the following digital tools. Project-based learning enables students to learn about real world issues by using creativity, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Google Docs & hyper-docs
- Google drawings & Interactive google drawings.
- Google VR Tour Creator
- VR Tech and real-world problem
- Google Sheets, Tables, Graphs and Charts
- Google Slides & Interactive Slides
- Google Slides Animation
- Google Sites.
- Coding (Code.org and Tynker.com)
- Hour of Code
- Sphero Spark
- Be internet awesome - Digital Citizenship
- EVERFI – Ignition New and Bullying Prevention
- Digital Drivers License
- Common Sense Education
- Internet Terminology
- Hardware, Software and applications terminology
- Dissect a computer
Graphic Design/Publishing Digital Tools
- Infographics using Canva and Piktochart
- Interactive Image - Genially, Thinklink
- Posters - StoryboardThat
- Innovator or Inventor - TinkerCAD
- Comics - Book Creator
- Design your dream home - Floor Planner
- Glogster - Research project
- Memes - IMG Meme Generator
- Biography Word Cloud using Word Art
- Use of multimedia presentation.
- Create brochures using Microsoft Publisher
- Manipulated Image using Pixlr
- Stop motion using Stop Motion App.
- Digital Storytelling - StoryboardThat